Ours is a story of two churches. In 1993, Pastor Jim Rackham met with a small group of Christians who were excited about starting a new church. Cornerstone Christian Church was organized and began meeting at Terradyne Country Club in Andover, Kansas. They soon outgrew the restaurant in the clubhouse and moved to the Terradyne Office Park. As they continued to grow, they found themselves without adequate classrooms and began looking for land to build on.
At the same time, Town and Country Christian Church, a congregation that had chartered in 1965 in North Wichita, had fallen on hard times. With few members, an aging building, and a partially finished new expansion, the small group of faithful Christians that remained were struggling.
The two groups met, and a merger was discussed. After much prayer, the churches felt led to join together under the Cornerstone Christian Church name.
Cornerstone is a non-denominational, independent, autonomous congregation and has prospered as a faithful light on the North side of Wichita since 1994. Many have been saved, disciples have been taught, missionaries sent, and the Gospel has been faithfully proclaimed.
Our future is bright. Our continued growth has brought multiple services, additional staff, and is once again pressing our expanded facilities. Our focus remains on Christ and His glory is our chief pursuit. We are embracing with faith on the path ahead.
- The Bible is the Authoritative and infallible Word of God, supreme for all faith and practice; the final authority for determining all doctrinal truths.
- God is the One and only true God, eternally existing in three persons, the co-equal and co-eternal Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Son came to Earth, His creation, as a man about 2000 years ago. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and named Jesus. On Earth, He was fully man and fully God. Without sin Himself, Jesus took all of our sins upon Himself, died on the cross as full payment of our sins, and rose again (the “resurrection”) three days later. About forty days later, He returned to the Father. Humanity was created by God as good and upright, but all of humanity fell into sin by the transgression of Adam. Humanity’s only hope for redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- Salvation is found only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ’s death, burial and resurrection; it is the gift from God, not a result of our good works or of any human effort.
- The Holy Spirit indwells every true believer who has placed his faith in Christ; He manifest Himself through a variety of spiritual gifts given to all believers to build up and sanctify the Church. The gifts are always to be harmonized with the Bible, righteous living and church order.
- Great Commission: Every believer is commissioned by Christ to spread the gospel (The story and the hope of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus) to the world.
- Ordinances – After placing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, each new believer is commanded in the Bible to be baptized in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- All believers in Christ should regularly receive the Lord’s Supper, the elements of bread and juice that represent the body and blood of Christ, in order to remember Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross for our sins and the victory over death, hell and the grave it provides.
- Jesus will return to Earth in power and glory, but God has not said when this will occur. Jesus now offers resurrection and eternal life to all people who will now receive Him as Savior from sins and as Lord of their lives…